Received an email from a friend today about how he often waits for big news before sending email and since big news rarely happens he never sends email. I do this too -- and I do this on my blog, figuring I should save valuable blog space for important topics like bra shopping and The Real World I often forget to make mention of my every day activities. Since it's been a slow week on the jcrew sale (hi, no one is pay $40 for v-neck cable sweaters, we all know my price point is $29 and you have overstock, stop being so stubborn.) and in the world of awful tv (though Amy and I did watch Wife Swap for the first time ever and some loon was making everyone eat 4 month old RAW chicken) I figured I'd update all on some little news.
1. I am going to New Orleans in a week for the first time ever (please pass on must do suggestions!)
2. I made some awesome olive rosemary bread for the superbowl (recipe from Cooks Illustrated)
3. I have friends who seem to think i'm the kind of person who should be invited to a football themed party
4. I will be spending Oscar night in Kentucky for work. I should really be getting paid more.
5. In march I am taking a professional cooking class at the international culinary education center -- am super excited and expect to gain around 10lbs.
6. Just finished "House of Leaves" was unimpressed (it never gets over being pretentious)-- have just started "The End of Faith" and so far I'm enjoying it even if it is a little dense for the morning subway ride.